Massachusetts Saltwater Fishing License/ Permit
The Massachusetts Saltwater Fishing License/Permit is the first step to casting your line in the Atlantic. Licenses may be purchased online via MassFishHunt, by telephone or in person at a registered licensing agent. Links for purchase may be found below. The Mass saltwater fishing license/permit reciprocity applies to the states of CT, NH and RI. Saltwater fishing offers a unique and exciting experience like no other. Be sure to bring your strength and endurance as you might hook a marlin that has second thoughts of being caught!
Who is Required to Get a Permit?
- All Fisherman/women over the age of 16 engaging in saltwater finfishing.
- Participants over age the 60 years of age. Permit is Free for Qualifying Participants.
- Non Resident and Resident Fee Per Person = $10.00
- Purchase Online at MassFishHunt
- Telephone: 1-866-703-1925
- Authorized Licensing Agent Locations
Permit Exceptions/ Reciprocity Rules
- Fisherman/women under the age of 16 years of age.
- Fisherman/women considered legally disabled or enlisted on a chartered vessel.
- All Permanent MA Residents ( 6 months) are permitted to fish in the following neighboring coastal states: RI, NH, and CT.