MASSACHUSETTS FRESHWATER FISHING LICENSE:
You looking to bag the next largemouth Bass this season or go after the State Record? Massachusetts is home to record largemouth bass. The Massachusetts Department of Fishing and Game provides a host of resources and rewards for freshwater anglers including the “Freshwater Sportfishing Awards Program” awarding participants with record catches in public waters. The Angler Education Program offered by Mass Wildlife is a great way for beginners to understand the necessary techniques and tricks of the trade to reel in their first prize fish.
Purchase Online, By Telephone or at Approved Agent Location.
- MA Resident License- Resident Citizen/Alien Freshwater Fishing**
- Non Resident License-Non-Resident Citizen/Alien Freshwater Fishing
- Resident Over 70/Disabled- Application Needed
- Resident Minor Freshwater (15-17)-
- Resident Citizen/Alien 3 Day
- Non Resident Citizen/Alien 3 Day-
- Non Resident Citizen Minor (15-17) 3 Day
LEGAL Freshwater Fishing Locations:
There is an extensive list of ponds and freshwater locations for Massachusetts freshwater fishers to drop line. Below are the three primary categories for legal public freshwater fishing.
- Approved Massachusetts Wildlife Management Areas: Includes State Parks, Boat Drop Locations.
- MA Pond Maps: List of public access ponds and lakes with depth measurements.